Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hookum Review - The Best Bimini Ring Game

Sometimes you take a chance on something and that chance really pans out big...

I recently purchased Hookum "the Englist pub ring game" from Hammacher Schlemmer catalog. I had been looking for a game for my New Years party that wasn't a card game or boring trivia game and that's how I found Hookum.

The object of the game is super simple, simply swing a ring onto a hook. Go for speed, accuracy, whatever metric you want.

Hookum is what you may call:
Hookum Review

What makes this game cool is that you don't need some elaborate setup for Hookum, a kitchen table will more than suffice. HS shipped my Hookum in one day, which was awesome. When I opened the box, I was suprised by the sleak, cool orange and gray look and feel of the game. In about 30 seconds, I underwrapped the plastic from around the base and took the hooks out of their plastic wrap. I depressed the silver extender button to fully extend the unit, firmly twisted the top, snapped the arms into place and I was ready to go. If you set this game up at any party, I guarantee it will be the center of attention in no time. The look and feel, and fast action guarantee it.

Once we were set up (no installation, no batteries, sub 2 minute install) I went about 7 minutes with no "Hookums" - I just couldn't get my release right, while my wife easily achieved 4 in the first few minutes. Finally, I got a beginners stride going and got 4 hookums in about 6 minutes.

What fun! Hookum is great for all ages. It's great alone or with up to 4 players. I can see it being a very popular parlor game for the adult crowd or a frat house type game, while still being a lot of fun for a bunch of 10 year olds.

$39.95
5/5 Stars.

Bottom Line:
Get the next big thing before it becomes the next big thing!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Great write-up! I ordered Hookum directly from http://www.playhookum.com and I'm so glad I did. It was a hit over the holidays. This game cleverly takes the fun parts of Bimini Ring Game and brings them into your den or kitchen. I haven't put it away since it arrived!